“Being at home with a nine month old, super active baby and a dad who is mostly bed ridden due to a total knee replacement five days ago, time isn’t in my favor. With dinner time rolling around and three hungry mouths to feed I needed something quick and delicious so this lemon fried chicken is the perfect go-to meal. It takes approximately 20 minutes from turning on the burner to placing the meal on the table, and every time this dish is prepared it’s a for sure hit in the Burr house!”
~ Chandler Burr ~
New Mom ~ Quick Dishes
Lemon fried chicken
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
Zest of 1 lemon and for garnish
Lemon pepper seasoning to taste
(can substitute salt and pepper)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1) Heat oil on stove over medium high heat
2) In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, lemon zest and a few dashes of lemon pepper seasoning.
3) Season chicken with lemon pepper seasoning, to taste.
4) One at a time dredge the chicken breast in the bowl of flour, then dip into the beaten egg bowl, and cover both sides of the chicken in the bread crumb mixture, press to coat. Put into the pan of oil on the stove.
5) Once in the oil let cook on each side for 3-5 minutes or until crispy brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate when finished.
I paired it with a sweet potato (1 hour on 400 then add butter and brown sugar) and a salad.
Dad said it was fabulous!