Caramel Apple Crumble:With the holiday season starting and family being in town I am sharing a wonderful dessert that will be sure to have your family asking for seconds and striking up a conversation about how deliciously tasting and smelling this recipe is.
Caramel Apple Crumble:
6 Red Delicious apples (or any tart apples)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons evaporated milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour ( I used 1 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of oat flour oat flour)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 tablespoons butter
Caramel sauce to drizzle on top after cooking
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl mix together all of the filling ingredients (apples, butter, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, vanilla, evaporated milk) Then add to a large pot on stove over medium-high heat
3) Stir until butter is melted and the liquid has turned golden (about 8-10 minutes)
4) Combine crumble ingredients in a small bowl (brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, butter, flour)
5) Add filling to a 9×13 pan then add crumble on top
6) Place in oven for 30 minutes
Family was all around the house and dinner was getting close to being eaten so I made this for us for one of our Thanksgiving desserts. Within minutes of coming out of the oven it was all gone and being enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!